KTU TTM was established as an official unit within Karadeniz Technical University (KTU) by the senate decision dated 26.12.2012 (no:248). KTU TTM continues targeted activities as an Application and Research Center under the Higher Education law no. 2547, 4.11.1981 dated, Article 7 of the first paragraph (d) of subparagraph (2) with the bottom subparagraph prepared in accordance with Article 14 by the Official Gazette on 30.10.2018 following the Regulation.
KTU TTM plays a strategic role in achieving the strategic goals of KTU, founded in 1955. KTU TTM was established on the purposes of being a guidance to mainly Trabzon province and Eastern Karadeniz Region and Turkey in;
- Increasing the availability of existing infrastructure,
- Contributing to the R&D oriented information and production needs in the region,
- Developing university- industry cooperation activities in the region,
- Ensuring the protection, marketing and commercialization of Intellectual and Industrial Property Rights,
- Establishing and developing entrepreneurial culture, providing venture capital support, incubation center, business guidance, consulting and training services.