GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT PROFICIENCY EXAM FOR 30% ENGLISH PREPARATORY CLASSES
- The dates and times of Preparatory Class Proficiency exams are specified in the Foreign Language Preparation section of the KTU Academic Calendar and the Academic Calendar of the KTU School of Foreign Languages. The Proficiency Exam measures whether the candidates taking the exam are at (B1) level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
- Rules for who can take which proficiency exam under what conditions are stated in the School of Foreign Languages Implementation Directive on the website of the School of Foreign Languages (ydyo/ktu.edu.tr).
- In all exams held by the School of Foreign Languages, KTU Exam Application Principles are strictly observed.
- The proficiency exam results are announced on the announcements section of the ydyo.ktu.edu.tr web address or on the KTU Student Information System, objections are made according to the principles specified in the School of Foreign Languages Application Directive.
- In order to enter the proficiency exams, if it is specified in the Academic Calendar of the School of Foreign Languages, an application is made to the School of Foreign Languages Secretariat with a petition on the dates specified for the relevant exam. The Proficiency Exam results are sent by our School to the Registrar's Office. Students do not need to take any further action.
- The Proficiency Exams consist of 3 (three) sessions. Candidates must attend all three sessions at the relevant date, time and venue. Make-up Exams are not held for Proficiency Exams.
- Candidates who participate in the exams are required to have a picture identity document with them, and if they do not have a student ID, they must have their student documents with them. Candidates are obliged to comply with the instructions of all administrators, supervisors and officials who administer the exam within the framework of KTU Exam Practice Principles.
NOTE: The following exam sessions, assessments and sample exams are for informational purposes only. KTU School of Foreign Languages can make changes in the format, duration and content of all exams within the framework of the KTU School of Foreign Languages Implementation Directive, with or without prior notification.
APPLICATION AND EVALUATION OF PROFICIENCY EXAM
SESSION 1: WRITTEN EXAM (60%)
(Measures Grammar, Vocabulary and Reading Comprehension)
SESSION 2 : WRITING EXAM (20%)
(Measures Academic Writing skills)
SESSION 3: LISTENING EXAM (20%)
(Measures listening comprehension skills)