M.Sc. Tezi Görüntüleme
Most of the apparatus in power systems have an important effect on power system dynamics. One of the important part affecting the system dynamics and stability is the excitation unit of the power system. Therefore, the control of excitation system is an important task to be analysed. Different arrangement and control of the excitation systems may result in improved stability margins.
In order to improve system stability, through the excitation control some additional processes such as compensators, and controllers are necessary. In this study the followings are performed.
- A model of the system is obtained by combining the individual model of each component included in the system.
- A compensator. PI controller, and fuzzy logic controller are added to the system model one at a time.
- In order to simulate system, a completed equation of the combined system is obtained.
- Four different set various to the sufficient are given in order to represent four different operating conditions.
- Different operating conditions and situation are store in a fuzzy logic controller in terms of membership functions.
- Then for each possible operating condition possible, the system simulation was performed.
The results obtained are compared with those of similar studies in literature for validation. As a result of this comparison the positive affects of fuzzy logic controller on the system dynamics and stability is observed.
Keywords:Power Systems, Synchronous Generator, Excitation Systems, Fuzzy Logic, Stability